Pinterest

Follow Me on Pinterest

Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Feelings





This is how I've been feeling lately. I hate the end of the school year for my kids. It's one year older and one year closer to independence. My oldest has 2  years left now before College. My youngest will be a 4th grader! My middle is graduating from 5th grade next week with a big shindig and all that fancy kind of stuff.

Time is slipping through my fingers.

They grow too fast, their demands on me are different from what they were just a year ago. Some days they need everything from me and the next they need nothing. I feel like a tightrope walker at times, trying to give them just enough  independence to learn while at the same time trying to balance their safety. I often feel like just sitting in the middle of that tightrope and holding them all at EXACTLY this point in time.

Truth is, I like just about every phase of my kids' life so far. There are good and bad with every age and at times I have wished for time to go faster so they were past those bad stages. But now,well now all I want is for them to STOP! I miss those times where College and graduations were so far away you really didn't need to think about them. Now it is so close I can practically smell it!

Time is slipping by faster and faster and I feel it is only picking up speed. I can't stop it but I sure hope I can remember to enjoy the good and bad times. 

No comments: