Pinterest

Follow Me on Pinterest

Monday, January 23, 2012

OH MY!

Literally hours after I wrote the last post I got a call from my sister saying my mom had just had a stroke. My world has been at a stand still since then.
I did go home to see her. The stroke was major enough that I felt the huge need to hug my mom and just see her.
It's funny how much my life has changed and I wasn't even the stroke victim. I will always have a mother who suffered a stroke, no matter how well she recovers she will still need to take extra precautions. I will always call her more and really pay attention to how she is. I will always worry if she is home alone. And honestly that is so little of a problem compared to the things my mom has to overcome.
My sisters and I have bonded over something we never thought would happen but we stuck together and we had eachothers backs when it mattered most. It was so nice to have 3 best friends who understood everything I said and did. We have a history no matter how many years we've been apart or the roads that life has taken us.
My kids and husband did excellent while I was away! It was so nice to know that everything here in Singapore was covered and they did it all on their own. They also made a great team. My husband has always appreciated the job I do but I think he has a whole new understanding of how it goes here in Singapore. He was great and didn't complain once!
My whole family is great. From my birth family to the one I birthed. I am now looking forward to getting back to Singapore life and the new lifestyle I have in store for me.

No comments: